Built in 1912, 475 10th avenue was the original home of the Hill Publishing Co., which later merged with McGraw Publishing and became the first McGraw-Hill Building. The neighborhood commonly referred to as Hell’s Kitchen, has gone through multiple transitions over the last century. The latest change comes from the development of Hudson Yards, which will create millions of square feet of commercial and residential inventory in the area, as well as provide public transportation with an extension of the 7 subway, parks and playgrounds.
The building has been owned and managed by principals of The Adler Group for over 60 years. ‘Hands On’ management meticulously maintained 475 with such modernization as full-height windows, an updated lobby, and new cooling towers.
In the 1980’s the Adler Group transformed the building from a warehouse to occupancy by the most prestigious and creative tenants in New York City. Firms such as Massimo Vignelli, Gwathmey Segal and Richard Meier pioneered this repositioning. 475 Tenth Avenue has maintained this high level of tenancy with architects, advertising/marketing agencies and most recently an internationally renowned financial advisor firm.